The Herndon Reston Youth Field Hockey (HRYFH) program is run entirely by volunteers. The HRYFH Board, coaches, and team managers are people in your community who share a commitment to giving back to their community and improving the lives of children in our community.
Head Coaches must be at least 18 years old and Assistant Coaches and Team Managers must be at least 16 years old as of October 1. Please make sure to provide your birth date when completing your member profile information. If you leave your birth date blank, the system will prevent you from completing the volunteer registration because it will think you are too young to meet the age requirement.
There are no fees to register as a volunteer, but you will be required to:
- Complete a background check prior to participating in HRYFH clinics, practices, games, or other events
- Complete sexual abuse awareness and prevention training and pass an online quiz prior to participating in HRYFH clinics, practices, games, or other events
- Attend required league meetings/training (see Events Calendar for dates/times/location)
- Complete team administrative tasks by the deadlines given by the league
- Assist with field set-up and take-down on game days
- Enforce the HRYFH Code of Conduct with your team members and spectators
born between: 10/02/1944 and 10/01/2002